The most common types of casino deposit bonuses are the welcome bonus and the reload bonuses. The welcome casino bonus is a bonus players can receive when they register with an online casino and make their first deposit. For example, an internet casino offers 100% match bonus up to $100. This means that any player, who deposits at least $100, will receive an extra $100 in their account. The player must also maintain a minimum amount of funds in their account in order to receive the bonus.
The reload bonus is a bonus that online casinos offer to existing players.
- These bonuses are given after a player places a deposit and his bankroll reaches a certain level. For example, a sportsbook will offer to credit a player’s account with an extra $10,000 once his balance is replenished to at least $1,000. This bonus is arranged by the sportsbook, not the casino, and the player is expected to wager at least $1,000 in order to qualify for the bonus.
- The most common type of internet casino bonus is the no deposit bonus. Using this bonus, players can test the casino’s software without risking a loss. This is a great way to see how the casino operates and whether it is suited to suit your needs. Players who are attracted to casinos that offer high bonuses can additionally benefit from so called match bonuses, which are in essence bonuses awarded to the player for making a deposit.
- No deposit bonuses are usually given to new players who sign up by using a bonus code that has been offered at the time of the registration. Occasionally, no deposit bonuses are also offered to existing players, but finding the right bonus to use is crucial because these bonuses tend to be fewer in number. Besides, playing with no deposit bonuses can prove to be beneficial, especially if a player is able to extract a few winnings from the casino without placing any deposit in his account.
Emergence of the no deposit bonus
- The opportunity to enjoy no deposit bonuses began at mid-payout in 1998, that is, the same year that the first internet casinos appeared. Although there were no such thing as no deposit bonuses in Neteller, whereby players could wait until a predetermined number of wagers had been placed, the opportunity to enjoy this beneficial bonus was nonetheless preserved.
- No deposit bonuses were given for the first time at the end of 1999 in what was known as Neteller Bonus System. This bonus system, as it was then known, was supposed to be the online casino’s way of thanking its choosing players. It was still a period of uncertainty and it was a period that saw High Payout Systems emerge and offer many players the opportunity to enjoy no deposit bonuses. However, since the beginning of the online casino industry five years prior, Neteller had already lost its battle with the banking industry thanks to the skepticism of the public. The bonus system came to an end and did not see another free bonus day.
- Six years after the death of Neteller, an online casino was launched that paid out to players. The casino did this by offering a bonus to all new clients without identifying its originator. This practice is now generally used by online casinos. This was how the free bonus system of the online casino called Casino Rewards Group came to an end.
- The company that offered the bonus to Casino Rewards Group was PartyGaming, which is among the top three payment processors in the world ( witnessing the success of MasterCard and Visa). The launch of the casino showed that for the first time players could enjoy the casino without depositing anything. It was during this time that online casinos started to use the term Microgaming to refer to the software which they used. Microgaming is among the top three gaming software developers today.
What used to be free fun for millions of players has become a source of frustration for a small group of disappointed players. Tens of thousands of upset players took to the internet and posted their complaints about being “abused” and “abrasive”. Contained in the complaints were accusations that the casino had not been paying out as promised or had in fact broken its commitment to players.
One of the problems that players faced was the non-payment of bonuses, known as Bonus balances, which were promised by online casinos. During the last few years, a number of casinos have become insolvent, although the managers and owners of these casinos are working hard to repay the players their winnings. Unfortunately, it cannot be done so easily.